Monday 1 December 2014

This is a Blog

Welcome to my blog!

If you didn't already know, my name is Adam Houten, and I'm a fantasy writer.

Not by trade, unfortunately, but it's something more of a hobby by this point, as you might agree if you knew me very well.

So what is this blog going to be about then?

I suppose several things, but I'll list them in pre-emptive order that may vastly change by the time most of you end up reading this:
- My writing process - I hope to let you marvel at how I ever get things done with such a cluttered brain, and open interesting discussions about how I write
-Reports on the Numenera RPG campaign that I'm currently game mastering
-Board game playthroughs and reviews (I'm a big board game fan)
-Computer game and movie reviews (this will be more sporadic)

It's not really going to be a source for up to date news on anything, but I hope to make it an enjoyable read. And hopefully get people interested in my books too.

Currently I'm planning a rewrite of the first draft of the first book in my Talent trilogy, the first book being 'Of Darkness and Thieves'. I plan to put this book available for download for free once it is finished, though I may upload some teaser chapters in the coming weeks. It's about a young juggler who finds himself embroiled in the machinations of the thieves in his city, and stumbles upon a deeper conspiracy. 

I'm also in the middle of writing the first draft of a novel currently titled A Sword, a Song and a Dream. It follows the exploits of three outcasts of society - a mercenary, a grey bard, and a young thief who can enter people's dreams. It explores the idea of how we try to escape from our pasts, and how the pasts define us. It's also an epic tale of battle, earning the hearts of the common people, and the theft of a magical hammer.

I'll try and put the full blurbs and info for both those novels on my site somewhere.

The next post from me will probably be detailing session 1 of my Numenera campaign, as well as explaining what the heck Numenera is.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment